Secure android is a challenge, you need to change your IP and stay connected and unblocked anywhere you go. use best compatible with VPN with android devices and get privacy.
Android phones dominate the market because of their excellent application framework and low prices, but they aren’t the best choice to use when it comes to security and privacy. Android devices are more prone to hacking and other cyber-attacks. Thus, if you aren’t protecting your Android devices, you’re putting your data privacy and security at considerable risk.
The best available solution for enhancing your Android phone’s security is to use a VPN. If you search so, the Google PlayStore offers several Android VPNs that you can use but not all of them are reliable or with using. Even the Android built-in VPN itself isn’t reliable to use. This increases the demand to search for the best VPN for Android.
The following table gives you a brief overview of the best VPN for Android that you can consider using. So, have a look:
NordVPN: comes with 5000+ servers, great speed while torrenting and gaming. You can also enjoy US Netflix From abroad. Compatible with all devices and OS.
SurfShark: With 3200+ server networks bypass throttling and download and stream unlimitedly. You can access Netflix and download torrents with privacy.
ProtonVPN provides robust digital security and allows unlimited streaming and torrenting. Enjoy a fast, stable, and reliable internet connection from anywhere and bypass ISP throttling.
Whether it’s ISP throttling, latency, or lower ping times that annoy you, you can enjoy ExpressVPN’s stable and fastest connection. Also, provide support with Netflix and Torrenting.
VyprVPN uses a proprietary Chameleon protocol that helps access the blocked torrent websites and streaming platforms. The speeds are reliable which prevents ISP throttling.
This article will aid the readers in more about the five best VPNs for Android and ensure a safe browsing experience. So, let’s dig more out of it.
Why Use a VPN For Android?
Here are some common reasons for using a VPN for Android:
- With the best Android VPN, you can easily bypass censorship and access the blocked websites and apps in your region. You can maintain your online privacy while making online transactions.
- The VPN encrypts your data traffic, and as a result, hackers won’t be able to view your online activities.
- If you’re on a trip abroad, you can even make online purchases, book hotel rooms, and even use your local bank account at home by using the best VPN for Android.
- A VPN boosts your online anonymity by hiding your IP address and allows you to surf the web in the way you want.
- The best VPN for Android comes with a vast server network that enables you to stream the geo-blocked content from any streaming site like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and Disney Plus without any issue.
- Continuous ISP monitoring is a significant issue that prevents you from browsing the web in the way you want. The best VPN for Android by encrypting and hiding your IP address ensures that no one will monitor or track your online activities.
For all the reasons mentioned above, it’s necessary that you use a VPN on your Android phone.
Factors to Look For in the Best VPN for Android
To pick up a VPN for Android, you need to look for special features that ensure a fast and secure browsing experience on Android. Below are the essential features that you should consider while choosing a VPN for Android:
- Compatibility: The VPN should be compatible with the Android OS. Also, it should have a dedicated VPN app that gets frequent updates that ensure the app provides an ideal user experience.
- Speed: Consider using a VPN that offers fast and consistent connection speed with minimum buffering and connection lags.
- Ad-Blocker: The VPN should offer an ad-blocker that prevents intrusive pop-up ads from ruining your browsing experience.
- Robust Security: The VPN you choose should use military-grade AES-256 encryption and security protocols to keep your activities hidden from all snooping eyes.
- Privacy: The VPN provider should offer impressive privacy-focused features such as a kill switch, double VPN, and dedicated IP address that further enhance digital privacy.
- Jurisdiction: Ensure that the VPN belongs to a safe and privacy-friendly jurisdiction that doesn’t retain users’ data logs and violates their online privacy.
- App Load: Make sure that the VPN app doesn’t consume much space on your phone, affecting your speed. For effective results, choose a VPN that is light in weight.
Other than this, you can also look for a pocket-friendly VPN and one that allows maximum simultaneous connection.
Five Best VPN for Android
To save you from the daunting task of searching the VPN for Android, below, we’ve compiled the five best VPNs for Android. So, let’s have a look:
1- CyberGhost VPN
- Vast server network
- Ad and malware blocker
- IP address and DNS leak protection
- Robust encryption
- Reliable and consistent speeds
You can even use the CyberGhost VPN on your Android phone and enjoy a safe and secure browsing experience. The VPN comes with an extensive server network spread in 91 countries and guarantees consistent and reliable speeds. With such a vast server network and reliable speeds, you can stream and play online games without buffering and connection lags.
Like all other VPN providers, CyberGhost also offers a dedicated VPN app that is easy to install and use. It provides separate servers for streaming, gaming, and torrenting, which you easily find in the app. The VPN uses solid encryption and secure ciphers to increase your digital privacy. Besides this, CyberGhost uses various impressive features like a kill-switch, ad and malware blocker, Tor over VPN, and VPN leak protection that makes sure that no one can invade your online security.
You can use CyberGhost VPN on your Android phone without any trust issues. It’s because it has its headquarters in Romania that it is safe to operate a VPN company. Also, it abides by a no-log VPN policy that means the VPN won’t log any of your data and thus is a private VPN. You can use CyberGhost VPN on seven simultaneous devices for only $2.25/m.
- Excellent security and online protection
- Fast speeds
- VPN leak protection
- Verified no-logging policy
NordVPN is an ideal VPN for Android that comes with a dedicated VPN app and ensures maximum online protection. It offers excellent downloading and browsing speed that makes your experience worth amazing. The VPN provider’s extensive server network, fast speed, and robust online security and privacy make Android the best VPN. All these features allow you to stream and play unlimited online games on your mobile phone.
The VPN uses AES-256 bit encryption that protects your data from all snooping eyes. Along with the secure NordLynx and OpenVPN protocol, the VPN provider also uses IKEv2, giving fast speed on mobile phones. It also offers a variety of privacy-focused features like a kill switch, dedicated IP address, and Tor over VPN. Moreover, with the cybersec feature, you can prevent intrusive pop-up ads that interrupt your browsing experience.
The most impressive feature of NordVPN is the double VPN that adds an extra layer of protection while you browse the web. The VPN belongs to a safe jurisdiction of Panama Island and follows a strict no-log policy. You can use NordVPN on Android as well as on five other simultaneous devices at just $3.67/m.
- Fastest server connection speed
- RAM-only servers
- IP,DNS, and WebRTC leak protection
- User-friendly app
- Lacks ad-blocker
The next best VPN for Android on our list is ExpressVPN. It belongs to the privacy-friendly jurisdiction of the British Virgin Island that doesn’t retain users’ data under the data retention laws nor is a part of the global surveillance alliance. Also, the VPN provider has a verified no-log policy which means that the VPN provider is safe and reliable to use.
It also has an extensive server network that’s spread in 60 countries. Also, the speed test result shows that it offers the fastest server connection. When it comes to protecting your privacy and security, ExpressVPN is no less. It uses strong encryption and security protocols. Moreover, it offers private DNS servers, trusted DNS technology, RAM-only servers, and a kill switch feature that enhances your online security.
The dedicated VPN app is easy to install and use. The interface is well organized and clean. You can easily navigate through the options even if you’re using them for the first time. With ExpressVPN, you can unblock US Netflix and other popular streaming platforms.
Even with such fast and consistent speed, you can access games of any region. With a single ExpressVPN account, you can connect up to five simultaneous connections, and you can avail of all these benefits for $8.23/m. But, since ExpressVPN doesn’t offer any ad-blocker, you have to use the best ad-blockers to prevent ads.
4- Surfshark VPN
- Affordable price
- VPN leak protection
- Privacy-friendly jurisdiction
- Camouflage mode
- Easy-to-use app
The next on our list is the Surfshark VPN that comes with excellent features at an affordable price. Though the VPN provider offers a decent server network, it doesn’t have any slow speed issues. The speeds are ideal for streaming, browsing, and playing online games. Like ExpressVPN, it also belongs to the British Virgin Island that falls outside the jurisdiction of the five eyes, nine eyes, and 14 eyes alliance. Moreover, it follows a no-log policy and has a third-party log audit report to prove its stance. All this is enough to ensure that Surfshark VPN is reliable to use on Android phones.
The VPN provider doesn’t compromise on providing a top-notch level of security and online protection. It uses robust encryption and a variety of privacy-enhancing features to strengthen your online security. The VPN does offer the camouflage mode that ensures an ad-free browsing experience. Other than this, Surfshark comes with a kill switch, multi-hop, dedicated IP address, and Tor over VPN feature.
Besides this, the VPN provider offers a clean and intuitive, dedicated VPN app that’s light in weight and is easy to use. With the obfuscated servers, you can bypass censorship and access the blocked streaming content. You can use a single subscription of Surfshark VPN on unlimited devices for just $2.49/m.
- Safe jurisdiction
- Verified log audit report
- VPN leak protection
- Small server network
- Minimal speeds
VyprVPN is yet another impressive VPN that you can use on your Android phone. The VPN belongs from Switzerland that doesn’t have laws that violate user privacy. Also, it has a verified log audit report, so it is truly a private and secure VPN to use. It offers a minimal server network, due to which the speeds are not as fast as other VPNs mentioned in this article. But the speeds are consistent and allow you to stream and play online games.
The VPN provider offers a good range of security, and privacy features like a kill switch, ad-blocker, and connection per app that further increases your online security.
You can even stream on Netflix and other streaming services. It offers a mobile app that is simple and user-friendly. The VPN allows 35 simultaneous connections and is available at a low price of $1.67/m.
Which Is The Best Free VPN for Android?
If you’re using a VPN on Android to enhance your security and privacy levels, it’s recommended to use the best secure VPN instead of a free one. The free VPN providers are not safe and reliable to use as they come with significant security flaws. Below are the reasons for not using a free VPN for Android:
- They lack essential security and privacy boosting features like a kill switch, VPN leak protection.
- There’s no guarantee that the VPN will use military-grade encryption to protect your data. At times the VPN fails to encrypt the data traffic and exposes you in front of your ISP and other snooping eyes.
- They come with a limited server network that causes connection lags and buffering while you surf the web.
- These VPNs are not ideal for streaming or gaming because of limited bandwidth and lack of obfuscated servers.
- They earn money by collecting and sharing your data with advertisers and third parties.
- They ruin your browsing experience with ads that can be malicious in nature.
You should use a premium VPN or the best VPN with a free trial for all these reasons.
Is It Worth Using a VPN on Android?
The best VPN for Android comes with great benefits. They help in preventing ISP tracking and surveillance and ensure a safe browsing experience. Moreover, you can stream and download games without any restrictions without worrying about your online privacy. Most importantly, by encrypting the data, the VPN providers reduce the threats and risks that Android OS faces, so, therefore, it is worth investing in the best VPN for Androids.
How to Setup a VPN for Android?
If you want to install a VPN on Android, then make sure you know the proper steps. Here are the step-by-step instructions to setup a VPN on Android:
- Select any VPN from the list mentioned above and subscribe to it.
- Sign up for an account.
- Download the VPN app from VPN’s official site or through Google PlayStore. Get done with the installation process.
- Launch the VPN app.
- Sign in to your account
- Choose a server and tap to connect.
Within a few seconds, you would be connected to a VPN and can browse the web in the way you want.
Does Android Come With a Built-in VPN?
All Android devices offer a built-in VPN provider. Since the VPN provider supports PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec protocols, it is not reliable to use. All these protocols are outdated, especially the PPTP, and don’t provide the desired security and online protection. So, it is better to avoid them.
Device security is necessary, and with the emergence of VPNs, you can take your device security to the next level and enjoy other benefits. A VPN for Android is essential to minimize the increasing security risks that Android experiences. Also, it allows users to prevent surveillance, stream Netflix, shop online, and make transactions easily.
The VPNs mentioned above are the best in all aspects. So, do consider them using and enhancing your security on your Android phone.