While you browse the web, besides security, the thing that matters a lot is fast internet speed. With ISPs throttling the connection, surfing the web with blazing fast speed seems like a dream. But to make that dream come true, people have shifted towards using a VPN.
A VPN is more than being an anonymity tool. Besides providing and maintaining a top-notch level of online protection, users can browse the web with blazing fast speed. Despite numerous VPNs on the list promising the fastest connection speed, only a handful of VPN providers ensure a fast and steady connection.
We’ve compiled this comprehensive guide that delves deep into the best fastest VPN to aid our readers. If you want to know more about them, then stick with us throughout the piece.
How the Fastest VPN Helps You?
Below is an insight into the reasons for using the fastest VPN. So, let’s overview them:
- Prevent ISP Throttling: It helps in bypassing the ISP filters that monitor your activity and slows down the internet speed. You can surf the web at fast speeds and without any restrictions.
- Torrenting: The P2P optimized servers and the split tunneling feature help download torrents safely and quickly.
- Gaming: These VPNs offer unlimited bandwidth, ensuring a fast gaming experience without buffering or connection lags.
- Streaming: These VPNs come with an extensive server network. By connecting to any remote server, you can get the IP address of that country and can access the geo-blocked content without any connectivity issues.
The following table gives you a quick overview of the best fastest VPN you can consider using without having a second thought.
CyberGhost: 7000+ optimized servers enhance your gaming, streaming, and torrenting experience. Plus, bypass ISP throttling. Compatible with Mac, Windows, iPhone, and Android.
NordVPN: comes with 5000+ servers, great speed while torrenting and gaming. You can also enjoy US Netflix From abroad. Compatible with all devices and OS.
SurfShark: With 3200+ server networks bypass throttling and download and stream unlimitedly. You can access Netflix and download torrents with privacy.
ProtonVPN provides robust digital security and allows unlimited streaming and torrenting. Enjoy a fast, stable, and reliable internet connection from anywhere and bypass ISP throttling.
Whether it’s ISP throttling, latency, or lower ping times that annoy you, you can enjoy ExpressVPN’s stable and fastest connection. Also, provide support with Netflix and Torrenting.
VyprVPN uses a proprietary Chameleon protocol that helps access the blocked torrent websites and streaming platforms. The speeds are reliable which prevents ISP throttling.
All the VPN, as mentioned above, providers are reliable to use. In the latter part of the guide, you’ll be informed about how these VPNs guarantee a fast connection.
How to Choose the Best Fastest VPN?
Choosing the fastest VPN is a daunting task as it needs a lot of testing and research. To save you from all this hassle below we’ve highlighted some factors that you should consider while selecting the best VPN for fast speeds. So, here you go:
- Fast Speeds: Run a speed test to ensure that you are getting fast and consistent speed. It should have low ping and minimum connection lag.
- Protocols: It should use protocols like WireGuard and OpenVPN that provide speedy connections.
- Server Network: It should have a vast server network. The server network should be spread in various countries as it results in quick connection.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Make sure that it offers unlimited bandwidth as then you’d be able to perform your activities without any speed issues.
- Streaming Capabilities: Choose a VPN that allows unblocking content from Netflix and all other popular streaming platforms.
- Torrenting: It should have P2P-optimized servers and other torrent-friendly features that ensure a fast torrent downloading experience.
All these factors ensure a steady internet connection so, if you want to enjoy fast connection speeds and enjoy all the perks this VPN offers then don’t overlook any feature.
Five Best VPNs for Fast Speed
No matter how secure a VPN is, if it doesn’t provide fast connection speed then it isn’t worthy to use. A fast VPN offers a plethora of benefits like unlimited streaming, torrenting, and gaming experience. To aid our readers with the best VPNs for fast speeds, below we’ve compiled the five best fastest VPNs. Read along and get to know more about these providers:
1. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost is yet another best VPN for fast speeds, and all thanks go to its vast server network. Like other providers mentioned here, CyberGhost is also a trustworthy VPN. It promises maximum online protection and uses strong encryption and a range of security and privacy-focused features. Like, it protects against VPN leaks, uses a kill switch, and a dedicated IP address that boosts your online privacy. It has its headquarters in Romania, a safe jurisdiction, and there’s no risk of data monitoring.
When tested for speeds, the VPN provider revealed that it is a fast VPN but not the fastest. But still, the speed it provides is more than enough for hassle-free streaming, browsing, gaming, and torrenting experience. Some of other CyberGhost’s speed centric features include:
- Protocols: It uses various encryption protocols such as OpenVPN, WireGuard, and IKEv2. WireGuard is the best for fast speed because it uses a ChaCha20 cipher that guarantees fast connection speed.
- Server Network: CyberGhost consists of more than 7000 servers in 91 countries. Such a vast server network ensures quick connection in less time.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: Like other providers, it also provides unlimited bandwidth that helps in unrestricted streaming and torrenting.
- NoSpy Servers: They offer an add-on feature that ensures the quickest connection and enhanced security.
- Specialized Servers: There are specialized servers for streaming, torrenting, and gaming. By choosing the relevant servers, you can enjoy blazing fast speeds.
- Ad Blocker: CyberGhost comes with a built-in ad and malware blocker that helps get rid of pop-up ads and ensures a fast browsing experience.
CyberGhost allows seven simultaneous connections on macOS, iOS, Android, and Windows platforms. You can get CyberGhost at $2.25 per month with a one-day free trial period and 45 days money-back guarantee offer.
NordVPN is a Panama-based VPN provider that has improved a lot to provide a steady internet connection. It is a reliable VPN, and all credit goes to its safe jurisdiction and a verified no-log policy. It uses strong encryption that safeguards the data from all snooping eyes. Also, it protects DNS, IP leaks and uses a kill switch that protects your identity from getting exposed.
It offers fast and reliable speeds on both local and far away servers. Other features that help NordVPN to increase internet speed includes:
- Protocols: It uses OpenVPN as a default protocol and the latest NordLynx protocol that has improved the connection speed.
- Server Network: It provider offers an extensive server network that results in quick connection. It consists of more than 5200 servers spread in 60 countries.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It doesn’t limit the bandwidth nor put data caps and thus ensures that users won’t have any speed issues.
- Obfuscation Mode: It disguises the VPN traffic as regular traffic and helps in bypassing ISP filters used for throttling the internet connection.
- CyberSec: NordVPN comes with a built-in ad protection feature. Blocking the intrusive pop-up ads saves bandwidth and improves the page loading speed while browsing the web.
NordVPN allows six simultaneous connections on all major devices and operating systems. With an extensive server network and unlimited bandwidth, NordVPN also ensures a fast streaming and torrenting experience. Try out NordVPN now at the lowest price of $3.67 per month, along with a risk-free 30 days refund policy.
ExpressVPN is our number one choice for the fastest VPN. It is a fast and trustworthy VPN that you can use to make your browsing experience worth amazing. It belongs to a safe jurisdiction of the British Virgin Island that is free from keeping and sharing data logs and guarantees maximum anonymity. It also uses the industry’s highest AES-256 bit encryption and a range of privacy and security-focused features like a kill switch and VPN leak protection that further enhance digital privacy.
ExpressVPN offers the fastest connection speed. When tested, the speeds were quick and consistent on both local and international servers. Moreover, it also provides fast speed because of the following factors:
- Protocols: It uses its proprietary Lightway protocol that changes the security layers automatically to provide faster connection speed. Besides this, it also uses OpenVPN protocol that maintains an immediate connection.
- Server Network: ExpressVPN has its server in almost every country. It consists of more than 3000 servers in 94 countries.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It offers unlimited bandwidth that guarantees no buffering or connection lags while you browse or stream on the web.
- Split Tunneling: It is a unique feature that allows selecting the specific activities you want to encrypt via a VPN, thus boosting overall speed.
The VPN providers’ fast speed also helps torrenting and streaming the blocked content on Netflix and other streaming platforms. You can enjoy ExpressVPN’s fast speed on five different devices at a time for just $8.23 per month and a 30 days money-back guarantee offer.
4. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark has proved to be the third-best fastest VPN you can’t ignore using. It is an ideal VPN that guarantees a fast speed and doesn’t compromise your privacy and security levels. It uses military-grade AES-256 bit encryption and several advanced privacy and security-enhancing features. Moreover, Surfshark is an entirely private VPN and safe to use. It belongs to the British Virgin Island’s privacy-friendly jurisdiction and has a verified log audit report, so by no means risks your online privacy.
The VPN provider, when tested, provides pretty decent connection speeds across all servers. The speeds show great consistency and are enough for a buffer-free streaming and torrenting experience. The Surfshark’s fast speed is also because of:
- Protocols: It uses WireGuard, OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec protocols. You can switch to the fastest servers to enjoy fast speeds.
- Server Network: It consists of more than 3200 servers spread in 65 countries. Though the server network is not very vast, the good thing is that they are expanding their network.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It offers unlimited bandwidth to stream and download torrents without any speed issues.
- CleanWeb: It works as an ad-blocker and eliminates pop-up ads to improve browsing speed.
- Split Tunneling: It allows to route specific activities via the VPN and boosts the speed while downloading torrents.
Surfshark’s popularity is not just because of its impressive features. It functions on multiple devices and platforms and is one of the cheapest VPN providers that costs $2.49 per month. Moreover, it comes with a seven-day free trial on Android, iOS, and macOS and 30 days money-back guarantee. One downside of Surfshark is that it allows unlimited simultaneous connection, decreasing internet speed.
The last one on our list for the fastest VPN is VyprVPN. It is not the fastest VPN available, but it offers a decent speed that makes streaming and torrenting possible. You can use VyprVPN without worrying about your digital privacy. It uses AES-256 bit encryption and protects IP and DNS leaks to protect your data from all snooping eyes. It belongs from Switzerland with laws that don’t violate users’ privacy; you can use it without worrying about online surveillance.
VyprVPN offers average speeds. They are not much faster than many other top-ranked VPNs, but still, it manages to be on the list for the best fastest VPN because of the following reasons:
- Protocols: It uses WireGuard, Chameleon, and OpenVPN protocols, guaranteeing better connection speed across the servers.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: It doesn’t limit the user bandwidth and allows users to perform any task quickly.
- Site Blocker prevents you from accessing sites with malicious domains by blocking them, thus speeding up the connection.
However, VyprVPN offers a small server network consisting of only 700 servers when it comes to server networks. Also, it allows 30 simultaneous connections, which significantly impacts the connection speed. You can use VyprVPN on all major devices and platforms for $1.67. It doesn’t offer any free trial but does come with a 30-days money-back guarantee offer.
How to Install the Fastest VPN onto Your Device?
If you’re curious to know about setting up the fastest VPN on your device, then here are the steps for you. Make sure that you don’t skip any steps. The steps are as follows:
- Subscribe to any of the above-recommended best fastest VPN.
- Sign up for a new account.
- Download and install the dedicated app on your device.
- Sign in to your account.
- Navigate to settings options and choose the fastest protocol like OpenVPN (UDP) or WireGuard.
- Select a server and tap to connect
Wait a few seconds till the connection is established. Boom! You’re now connected to a VPN—download torrents or stream on Netflix at fast connection speeds.
How to Configure Your VPN for Fast Speeds?
At times you need to configure your VPN settings to enjoy fast and consistent connection speeds. Below are some necessary configuration settings that you should ignore. Let’s have a look:
- If your VPN offers an extensive server network, choose the nearest available servers as it would guarantee a more quick connection.
- Switch your VPN protocols. For fast speeds, it’s better that you use WireGuard, OpenVPN (UDP port), or IKeV2 protocols.
- Perform a speed test to ensure that the VPN is working fine.
- Try to use a single subscription account on not more than five or six devices. More simultaneous connection slows down the speed.
By configuring all these settings, you can enjoy a fast browsing experience.
Does a VPN Increase Your Speed?
VPN providers use fast encryption protocols, speed-centric features and come with an extensive server network that helps in increasing the internet speed. Moreover, a VPN hides your real IP address and makes you anonymous over the web. Thus, when ISP throttles your connection, a VPN can efficiently bypass the ISP filters and ensure a speedy connection while you surf the web.
How to Conduct a VPN Speed Test?
Using a VPN becomes somewhat frustrating if it fails to provide a fast internet connection. If you’re using any such VPN, you might get annoyed with frequent connection lags and buffering while surfing the web. If you doubt that your VPN is slowing down your connection speed, you should perform a speed test. A speed test checks the maximum bandwidth, download, and upload speed and compares it with your average speeds.
If you also want to conduct a speed test, then here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Turn off your VPN
- Perform a speed test using this tool.
- Note down the speed that you’re getting from your internet provider. It also includes download and upload speed.
- Now, turn on the VPN connection and connect to a VPN server.
- Repeat the test and compare the results.
If the test results show significant variation, it means that your VPN is working perfectly fine. But, if the speeds are the same as that of your regular speed test, then your VPN isn’t providing you fast connections.
Which Is the Best Fastest Free VPN?
Although there are several free VPNs available out there that you can use, we won’t recommend using them to boost your connection speeds. The free VPN providers offer limited bandwidth and thus fail to ensure a fast connection. They don’t allow the users to access the entire server network, which usually takes time to establish a connection and thus should be avoided. Moreover, the free VPN providers neither provide anonymity nor maintain your digital privacy. They lack advanced security-boosting features and use various shady methods like collecting and sharing your data logs and targeted advertisements to generate profit.
For all these reasons, it’s suggested to use a premium VPN instead of a free VPN. They offer unlimited bandwidth, complete access to the server network, and features that enhance security and ensure speedy connections. The VPN, as mentioned above, providers are not much pricey; hence you should consider them to enjoy a fast internet connection.
Does a VPN Slow Down Internet Speed?
It is a common myth that using a VPN might slow down your internet speed. For this reason, some people think that they shouldn’t use a VPN. However, the reality is different. A VPN slowing down the speed is part of the encryption and connection process. When you connect to a VPN, and when the data passes through the encrypted tunnel, it takes time to convert the traffic into deep packets. But if you use a reliable and fast VPN provider, the connection lag is either minimum or negligible.
Also, the distance between you and the remote VPN server can decrease the internet speed. Using a VPN with a minimal server network will result in more connection time. Thus, it would be great if you always chose a VPN that offers an extensive server network and fast encryption protocols because then the speed lag won’t go unnoticeable.
There are numerous benefits of using the fastest VPN. Besides browsing, you can enjoy a worth-amazing streaming, torrenting, and gaming experience with these VPN providers. With numerous VPNs claiming to offer speedy connections, picking out the best one is indeed challenging. But by considering some factors, you can smoothly choose the fastest VPN.
All the above-recommended VPN providers are self-tested and reviewed. They offer excellent performance and ensure quick connection. Thus, you should use any one of them to enjoy a fast internet browsing experience.