A large variety of media on Amazon FireStick and other platforms is restricted based on regional limitations and copyright trolls. Geo-restrictions are bound to hinder your streaming experience. However, with the introduction of VPNs, geographical boundaries have been eradicated from the cyber world, allowing easy access to all sorts of media.
A reliable VPN connection on FireStick will enable you to unblock and stream geo-restricted media such as movies and sports events, as well as eradicate ISP throttling. Hence, if you want to explore the full potential of FireStick and stream without any hindrances, you might want to try out VPNs such as:
These are some of the best VPN providers that allow fast and unrestricted streaming on various platforms, including the Amazon FireStick. But VPNs are tools for online security and anonymity; why do you need them for streaming?
List Of Best VPN For FireStick
NordVPN: comes with 5000+ servers, great speed while torrenting and gaming. You can also enjoy US Netflix From abroad. Compatible with all devices and OS.
SurfShark: With 3200+ server networks bypass throttling and download and stream unlimitedly. You can access Netflix and download torrents with privacy.
ProtonVPN provides robust digital security and allows unlimited streaming and torrenting. Enjoy a fast, stable, and reliable internet connection from anywhere and bypass ISP throttling.
Whether it’s ISP throttling, latency, or lower ping times that annoy you, you can enjoy ExpressVPN’s stable and fastest connection. Also, provide support with Netflix and Torrenting.
VyprVPN uses a proprietary Chameleon protocol that helps access the blocked torrent websites and streaming platforms. The speeds are reliable which prevents ISP throttling.
Do You Really Need A VPN For FireStick?
Although FireStick is a reliable device that enables you to access a plethora of features, it comes with drawbacks that might hinder your experience. However, you need not worry, as all it takes is to install a VPN connection that will help eradicate all the issues. Some of these issues are as follows:
- FireStick comes with several geographical restrictions that do not allow you to access all the content it offers.
- If your ISP detects streaming activity on your FireStick device, it throttles your internet connection to maintain network traffic.
Now, let’s discuss the features that a VPN offers that possess the ability to overcome these issues:
- Unrestricted streaming: FireStick VPNs reroute data and disguise your IP address, enabling you to view media content irrespective of geographical restrictions.
- ISP Throttling: ISP throttling takes place to adjust your internet connection speed and reduce the possibility of server breakdowns or network traffic. If you are streaming or torrenting, your ISP may hinder your connection. However, a VPN encrypts data traffic, so the nature of your online activity isn’t visible to the ISP, and hence, they cannot throttle your activity.
Through a VPN, you can explore all the features provided by a FireStick and unlock its full potential.
How to Choose the Best VPN for FireStick?
Now that you have hopefully realized the inherent need for a VPN for streaming on FireStick, your next dilemma is what features you need to look for in a VPN. You can get the best VPN for FireStick by judging it based on the following criteria:
Because you are paying for a premium VPN, you should choose one compatible with many systems. It would be best to verify your current devices to determine whether your VPN connection is compatible with them.
Some VPN services offer an unlimited number of connections, whereas most typically allow 4 or 5. So either plan ahead of time how many devices you’ll need to connect to your FireStick VPN or select a VPN that permits infinite connections.
Number of servers
The more servers a VPN provider has, the faster it will stream on FireStick. Moreover, additional servers mean IP addresses from different countries, allowing you to bypass regional limitations.
The top-ranked VPNs provide the fastest connection speeds for streaming. A speedy and dependable VPN connection is essential for continuous streaming without the dreadful lagging issues. You should remember that a VPN that provides 5Mbps speed is sufficient for good HD streaming, but you require at least 25Mbps for Ultra HD or 4K streaming on FireStick.
VPN encryption prohibits other parties from monitoring your network traffic. You also escape ISP throttling since your ISP cannot observe your online activities. So, if you want to watch TV programs on FireStick, keep an eye on this function.
IPSec, IKEv2, OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, WireGuard, and SSTP are among the most effective VPN protocols and are known for providing extra fast speed. Speed is an essential factor when it comes to streaming. It would be best if you chose a VPN provider that supports the above protocols.
5 The Best VPN for FireStick?
We hope you now understand what characteristics to look for in a VPN for FireStick and how they improve your streaming experience. We have prepared a list of VPNs that offer all of the capabilities mentioned above and more. All of the best Firestick VPNs mentioned in our list consist of an application that you can find directly in the Amazon app store. This enables you to quickly set up the VPN with FireStick without any hassle in a matter of minutes. We guarantee you will enjoy streaming on your FireStick with any of these VPN connections:
1- CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost is another excellent choice for you as it offers both basic and advanced features for efficient streaming along with ease of access. It has a user-friendly interface and provides reasonable pricing and excellent streaming speeds. Some of its features that make it compatible with FireStick are:
- Speed: CyberGhost VPN offers high-quality speeds that are sufficient for HD and 4K videos. On a 100 Mbps connection, CyberGhost VPN is capable of providing an average of 90.80 Mbps in both upload and download speeds, with a 9.2% loss in speed.
- Number of servers: It consists of more than 6100 servers in about 89 countries, successfully eradicating geographical restrictions.
- VPN protocols- With its highly efficient industry-standard protocols such as IKEv2 and OpenVPN protocols, CyberGhost’s VPN service is an excellent choice for streaming in high resolutions.
- Compatible devices: Device compatibility is not a concern in CyberGhost VPN as it is compatible with all major operating systems, including macOS, Windows, and Linux, as well as mobile devices like iOS and Android. You can also use CyberGhost VPN to connect your smart TV or game console to FireStick.
- Simultaneous connections: When using CyberGhost VPN, you may connect up to seven devices at the same time.
- Streaming access: CyberGhost VPN allows access to streaming sites like Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Disney+ at high speeds.
Subscribing to CyberGhost can allow you to stream in peace without the hassles of issues like ISP throttling of geo-restrictions.
NordVPN is a trusted VPN service based in Panama. Many people choose NordVPN since it is packed with features and operates efficiently and quickly. It can overcome geographical boundaries, making it a significant asset in the struggle against internet censorship. Apart from providing exceptional privacy and security, NordVPN allows streaming on various platforms such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon. For FireStick, it offers several outstanding features, such as:
- Speed: There are no restrictions on the speed or bandwidth of NordVPN’s connection. Averaging 93.71Mbps download speed with 92.41Mbps upload speed on a 100Mbps connection, NordVPN overcomes all odds to provide outstanding performance to its users.
- VPN protocols: NordVPN’s NordLynx protocol ensures high streaming rates. Using this protocol to connect to a VPN server will provide steady and reliable speeds.
- Eliminates geo-restrictions: NordVPN unblocks geo-restricted media on streaming sites such as Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon and helps you stream without lags.
- Number of servers: It offers a wide variety of foreign servers, making it easy to access geo-restricted media. The number of servers provided by NordVPN reaches more than 5,200 in 59 countries.
- Compatible devices: NordVPN provides its own application for a variety of streaming devices, including Smart TVs, gaming consoles, routers, PCs, tablets, and smartphones. It also provides a SmartPlay function that allows you to have unrestricted access to a variety of media, regardless of which device you use.
- Simultaneous connections: As a NordVPN user, you can connect up to six devices with a single account, allowing you to do anything from watching videos on your phone to hosting a movie night at your home at the same time.
Once you have subscribed to NordVPN, you can enjoy unrestricted internet and super-fast streaming on FireStick.
Express VPN is a reputable name in the VPN market. It is the most reliable network for streaming and torrenting. Its rapid download speeds, broad peer-to-peer compatibility, and strong encryption level make it an excellent choice for downloading as well as lag-free streaming. We recommend using Express VPN for FireStick because of the following features:
- Number of servers: ExpressVPN comprises more than 3,000 servers located in 160 cities in 94 countries. Their extensive server network allows you to choose a quick and stable server that is either close to you or further away to avoid geo-restrictions.
- Speed: ExpressVPN offers unparalleled speeds, making it ideal for users who frequently engage in data-intensive activities like HD streaming. ExpressVPN can provide 91.81Mbps download speed with 89.16Mbps upload speed on a 100Mbps connection.
- MediaStreamer DNS: It also provides MediaStreamer DNS services for FireStick, allowing you to unblock media even while not connected to a VPN.
- VPN protocols: ExpressVPN offers various streaming protocol choices, including Lightway UDP and TCP and OpenVPN. These protocols can be utilized for a lag-free streaming experience.
- Compatible devices: ExpressVPN is compatible with the following streaming media devices on FireStick: Smart TVs, Chromecast, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Xbox, and smartphones.
- Simultaneous connections: With a single ExpressVPN account, you may connect up to five devices on FireStick at the same time, no matter which devices you use.
- Streaming sites: ExpressVPN evades geographical restrictions and allows access to a variety of content blocked in your area. It offers several unblocked streaming sites such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Sky TV, UKTV, Channel4, etc.
You can easily download the application on FireStick and prevent geo-restrictions, internet spying, and ISP throttling.
Surfshark VPN is known as a streaming and torrent-friendly VPN with its fast bandwidth and numerous peer-to-peer servers. Despite being a relatively new VPN provider, SurfShark VPN maintains a reputation for the features it offers. Here are some of the features that it can provide you regardless of being on a budget:
- Speed: SurfShark serves as a strong rival in terms of speed, even against the finest VPNs in the market. Employing a standard 100Mbps connection, it is capable of offering an average download speed of 91.19Mbps and an upload speed of 88.65 Mbps.
- Simultaneous connections: SurfShark is one of the few VPN services that allow for an unlimited amount of simultaneous connections, making it the ideal choice for small as well as big organizations or households.
- Number of servers: It consists of about 1700+ servers in 60+ countries with access to a private DNS on each server.
- VPN protocols- SurfShark protocols include IPsec/IKEv2, OpenVPN, and the latest WireGuard VPN protocol, which will enable you to browse the Internet at lightning speed and with minimum delay.
- Compatible devices: SurfShark VPN is compatible with most of the streaming devices that have access to FireStick, such as smartphones, Smart TVs, gaming consoles, desktops, and laptops.
- Streaming sites- It possesses a powerful capability of unblocking sites such as Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and ITV Hub for watching when traveling internationally.
If you are looking to avail all the features of FireStick on a budget, then SurfShark VPN is your ideal choice.
VyprVPN, established in Switzerland, is a popular VPN provider that has always invested heavily in technology. It is a multi-platform client, user-friendly and extensive in functionality, with hundreds of fast, self-managed servers and support for many popular streaming services. Because VyprVPN has its own servers, it prevents third parties from seeing what you stream on FireStick.
Some of the features offered by VyprVPN that facilitate streaming in FireStick are as follows:
- Speed: The average download and upload speeds offered by VyprVPN are 70 Mbps. While it is not the fastest, it is more than sufficient for streaming HD videos without lagging.
- Number of servers: It provides users with access to more than 700 servers located in more than 70 countries, including China which is considered the greatest firewall. With the help of these servers, users would be able to access a majority of geo-restricted media on FireStick.
- VPN protocols: VyprVPN supports PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN protocols, which may be configured to suit the needs of each user. Users may also utilize VyprVPN’s exclusive Chameleon protocol to bypass ISP throttling easily.
- Compatible devices: VyprVPN applications are compatible with a wide range of devices, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, smart TVs, and routers.
- Simultaneous connections: As a Premium user, you may connect VyprVPN to five different devices at the same time, ensuring that you never have to make a choice between your streaming experience and other activities.
- Streaming sites: There is no substantial geo-restricted media channel that can escape from getting VyprVPN. It provides unrestricted access to major streaming sites, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Hotstar, BBC iPlayer, and Disney+ without difficulty.
Ending with VyprVPN, our list of best VPNs for FireStick comprises a wide range of VPNs that consistently strive to enhance your streaming experience.
How to Install a VPN on FireStick?
Here’s how you can set up a VPN connection on your FireStick device:
- Begin with launching your FireStick device.
- Once the home screen appears, click Search on the left side of your screen.
- Enter the VPN service you wish to install and click on it once it shows in the search engine results.
- Click on the Get option to initialize installation.
- Once installed, go to your VPN app and select a server you want to connect with.
- After setting up your VPN, start streaming!
Now that you have completed the above steps, you have successfully installed a VPN for FireStick. However, some VPN applications will not be available on the Amazon Appstore, and you will have to obtain them via your VPN provider’s website.
- Launch the app store and type Downloader into the search box.
- It should be the first application to appear.
- Click on Free Download and install the application.
- Once it has completed installing, paste the URL of your VPN’s .apk file into the address bar.
- The .apk file will start downloading instantly.
- Once the download of the .apk file is complete, you can easily install your VPN.
After completing the installation process, you can start streaming your favorite TV shows or movies without restrictions.
Why is my VPN not working on my FireStick?
Are you facing issues in the functioning of your VPN on FireStick? In that case, here are some steps which may help to identify and resolve the issue:
- It is possible to reconnect to your VPN for FireStick by navigating to its settings and changing the VPN server to OpenVPN (TCP) or OpenVPN (UDP).
- Reload the FireStick device > Unplug it > Plug it back in to see if it works.
- If you are facing delayed streaming or browsing, consider switching to a different server in another location.
- You might try uninstalling and reinstalling your VPN application.
- Contact the customer service team via the VPN provider’s webpage if you’re still facing issues.
Hopefully, using any of these methods will help you work your VPN on your FireStick device.
What is the Best VPN for Jailbroken FireStick?
Jailbroken Firesticks generally implies that the device has been sideloaded with programs that Amazon has not authorized. We strongly warn you against installing unapproved applications on your FireStick devices without a VPN connection since it risks mistakenly damaging them or exposing them to viruses.
It is possible to shield your online activities to avoid ISP throttling by using VPNs such as Express VPN, Nord VPN, SurfShark VPN, and CyberGhost VPN on a jailbroken Firestick. Furthermore, the speed of your FireStick will increase as a result of bypassing ISP throttling.
What is the Best Free VPN for FireStick?
Many VPNs may assist you in accessing geo-restricted media on your FireStick device for no additional cost. However, we urge you not to use free VPNs since they are not reliable and bring more drawbacks than perks.
There are always boundaries and prohibitions surrounding data usage, lack of servers, poor speeds, and other unfavorable factors when it comes to free VPNs. One of the most significant drawbacks of free FireStick VPNs is their strict data use restrictions. So, a free FireStick VPN is not ideal for binge-watching.
On top of that, free VPN providers are notorious for cramming their apps with ads. These ads will ruin your online experience. Furthermore, most free VPN services lack convenient Amazon apps, so you’ll have to take uneasy detours to use them with your FireStick.
A fireStick is a portable tool that can provide access to all of your accounts on any device that has an HDMI connection, but geo-blocks may hinder your experience. Employing a VPN, on the other hand, may help you navigate through FireStick much efficiently.
Several programs and sports streams require a VPN to make media accessible to all. Hence, it would help if you opted for a premium VPN.
Some of the mentioned VPNs in this article provide lightning-fast streaming speeds, outstanding unblocking capabilities, and the most crucial feature of all: limitless data usage for streaming on FireStick. They are compatible with various devices, including FireStick, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV, etc. Moreover, they include a relatively lightweight application for FireStick that can be installed in seconds and is easy to use.